Effective Communication and Fair Fighting Class
Communication can be the most important aspect of any relationship. Communication is the key to letting others know how we feel and what we need. We communicate in many ways. Our body language and our walk can communicate who we are, how we are feeling, and the condition of our health. Our eyes communicate feelings and opinions. Even sighs and groans communicate. The way we touch, or do not touch, tells others about us. Our words are not the only communication tools we use.
We will address how to learn to use our words in order to communicate in a way others can hear. We will also learn to communicate in a way that will allow us to feel heard. In an assertive way that gets our needs and wishes heard and perhaps met in a healthy way that will enhance your relationship and bring you closer together.
This class, in an abbreviated version, is included in the Seven Steps to Keep Your Cool, Anger Management Class.
Your style of communication will help you identify what is happening for you when certain feelings come up.
- This new way of communication and expression will work for you in all of your relationships, friendships, other significant relationships, and even encounters with casual contacts.
- You will be able to express yourself and communicate your wishes without the listener feeling your finger is wagging at them.
- Learning reflective listening in your communication helps the speaker feel heard.
- Communication where you use reflective listening is great for responding without defending or arguing.
- Your communication includes the ability to "fight" without the discussion taking on a life of it's own and nothing gets resolved.
- You will know how to keep the channels of communication open with anyone, even your children.
- You will understand the thinking patterns and responses that stop the communication cold.
- You will know how to communicate and express yourself in a way others can hear what you need them to hear.
10 Video lectures with addtional print out materials.